Spring 2022 information
Vaccination and Testing Protocols
Mitigation testing for off-campus students and employees is no longer required. However, anyone who wants a test may still receive one While registration is strongly encouraged, walk-ins will also be seen. You can access a test Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the South Village Crossing (SoVi) testing site. No appointment is necessary.
Screening testing of residence hall students based on wastewater results is no longer required. However, wastewater surveillance will continue and residents will be notified if the virus has been detected in their building so they may choose to be tested. You can access a test Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the South Village Crossing (SoVi) testing site. No appointment is necessary.
Additionally, wastewater testing results will be available on the public reporting page to ensure the campus community has access to this information and may be tested if they choose.
- Face masks are optional on UNC Charlotte’s campus. This includes classrooms and other academic spaces. This follows the UNC System issued guidance that makes face masks optional in all indoor settings on all campuses of the System, sent on Feb. 25.
- If you are unvaccinated or at high risk for complications, you are still strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
- Please note: Federal and state regulations still require a face mask in the Student Health Center.
- Even with this guidance, you are encouraged to wear a mask to further reduce the risk of infection to yourself and others, especially when you are in close proximity to others in confined spaces. For example, this may include in hallways, in elevators, when waiting in line in buildings or in residential community spaces. Masks are available for pick up in the Popp Martin Student Union, Atkins Library and the Career Center for individuals who wish to wear one.
Employees may make their own choices about asking visitors in their personal office space to wear a mask.
Events and Gathering Restrictions
- There are currently no restrictions for gathering sizes -- indoors or outdoors.
Niner Health Check
Daily completion of the Niner Health Check is no longer required. However, you will continue to receive the health check every day. Should you become ill with COVID-19 symptoms, please complete the form. Simply delete the email if you do not need it.
On-Campus Testing and Vaccinations
- Testing: Asymptomatic testing will continue to be offered Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the South Village Crossing (SoVi) location. Signage will direct you to the correct location. No appointment is necessary for testing. Note: Individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 should continue to contact the Student Health Center at 704-687-7400 to schedule a test.
Commitment to Safety
We will continue watching on-campus infection numbers and other key metrics closely. If we need to resume additional measures for the health of our community, we are prepared to do so quickly and will communicate changes to you promptly via NinerNotice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Reporting
We encourage you to submit your COVID-19 vaccine information if you haven't yet done so.
Updated: April 28, 2022